Water Line Repair in Columbus
Top Quality Workmanship in Central Ohio
Many property owners don’t give their water line a second thought until something goes wrong. This is actually an incredibly important part of your plumbing system, as the water line connects your home to the city’s pipes in the street. When the water line is damaged, your entire water supply can be cut off. That is why our professionals at 614-Plumber are available when you need us, especially when you are facing an emergency. We never want to leave you high and dry without the water supply that is so vital to many everyday tasks.
If you notice any issues with your main water line, do not hesitate to call our experts right away. We can be reached at (614) 467-8565.
Common Signs of a Broken Water Line
Problems with your water supply, or, worse, a burst in the line, could lead to many severe issues, such as extensive flooding, damage to your yard or the road in front of your property, and other damage to the structure of your home. You and your family’s safety can also be compromised by tainted or contaminated water.
Not sure if you have a problem on your hands? Look for the following signs:
- Unexplained pools of water in the street, your yard, or around your home: This can indicate a serious leak or a burst line.
- Odd noises from your pipes or in your walls: Rumbling, hissing, gurgling, whistling, and other strange noises can be signs of damaged plumbing.
- Higher than normal utility bills: Keep an eye on your water bill. If you find yourself paying more than normal, you may have a leak. Fixing this problem can not only help you save money, but it will conserve water as well.
- Discolored water: Brown, gray, or yellow water can indicate contamination from dirt and debris slipping into your water line through tiny cracks or holes.
- Lower water pressure: When you turn on your shower, does the water come out at a dribble? This can indicate a clog in your water line.
- Dampness or condensation on your walls: A leak in your water line can lead to moisture buildup on your walls.
- A lack of water: Call your city’s water company, as your water may have been cut due to a discrepancy with your bill. If everything is good on that front, you may be facing a serious leak, a burst pipe, or a complete blockage of your water line.
It’s important to note that, while the above issues can stem from your own water line, the problem may also stem from the city’s pipes or your neighbor’s water line. Our water line experts in Columbus can help you pinpoint the source of the problem before we make our recommendations for repairs.
Causes of Water Line Damage
Typically, water line pipes are manufactured to last up to 60 years. The material they are made of, however, matters. Copper pipes, for example, can be damaged by underground electrical currents. Older PVC pipes deteriorate aver time. Other materials may be more susceptible to root intrusions or underground vibrations, such as those caused by traffic, trains, or the natural shift of the earth.
Construction work may have damaged a line, or you can be facing a burst because the pipes themselves were improperly installed. At 614-Plumber, we can repair these issues using the highest quality materials, ensuring that you get the most out of your water line for years to come.
Expert Water Line Repair Solutions
Let our professionals help in your time of need. We’ll work diligently to make sure your water supply is safe and your water line is in good working condition. We do everything we can to protect your family and your property.
Water line repairs can be difficult, but we are fully trained on the latest tools and techniques to ensure we get the job done right, every time. Our customers are our top priority and we always aim to impress you with a job well done.
To learn more, contact us today! In the case of an emergency, call (614) 467-8565. Our plumbers are waiting to take your call.